Quote

Be omnivorous, don't just read one kind of book, read everything. - Richard Wagamese

Monday, November 2, 2015

Happy Planner First Impressions// Free Printable Stickers


I decided to purchase a paper planner for a few reasons. I was always using my phone and it was working but I wanted something that I could quickly jot down things to remember, and actually have that flexibility when planning. I thought a paper planner would work well for me. Often I would notice things weren't syncing between my phone and tablet, and thought it would be best to have a physical planner. I still use my phone calendar for important dates/appointments but my everyday planning: blog, home, meal planning, family things are marked down in my planner.

When I first opened the Happy Planner, I was happy with the vertical design and thought the gold foil was cute. However, the dots on the back weren't foil, just printed. I wish both the back and front had foiled dots. The arc discs are plastic, and have hearts on it. It's cute and I like it. I feel like this planner is very Kate Spade-ish.

I really like that this planner is customization. You can take out and put pages in. Since I started my planner in October, I removed the previous months (July-Sept.) I'm also looking into adding some blank pages for note taking. It's also easy to decorate because you can take the pages out and put it back when you're done. The tabs are laminated and I love that the month view is visible when you open the month tab. It's easy to go look for something upcoming. 

When looking for a planner the price was important to me. Living in Canada, exchange/shipping and customs can get costly. For this reason, I decided that an Erin Condren planner wasn't going to be for me. I liked that the Happy Planner was similarly designed and much less expensive. I purchased it through Amazon.com for 20.57$ US. I did find the Happy Planner Kits at my local Michael's for 49.99$. 

I started decorating with Washi tapes and stickers. The Etsy stickers seem very overpriced and I've been experimenting with printing my own stickers. I won't pay 10$ just to ship stickers. I tried Silhouette Sticker paper but it was too thick and didn't work well with my printer. This is still a work in progess. If you're looking for some free printable stickers, here are some websites that I found. I'll add to this list as I go along.

http://www.vintageglamstudio.com/ (Love these designs)



3 comments:

  1. I've always used a paper agenda and like these new planners. If I get one, I don't think I'll decorate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's pretty, but I don't think I could ever go back to paper. It just feels so 'inflexible' and too committed! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I would feel the same way. Important dates I still need to keep electronically. I really enjoy taking the time to plan my week and the paper planner is working for me.

      Delete