Quote

Be omnivorous, don't just read one kind of book, read everything. - Richard Wagamese

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Tales of a Reading Slump...




I've been having the longest reading slump ever, and I'm trying my best to overcome it. I had intended to read Lighthouse Bay by Kimberely Freeman, but ended up choosing to read The Smart One by Jennifer Close. I'm really enjoying the book, and love the portrayal of relationships. For the first time in months, I can't wait to review this one.



I've also been doing some book browsing and I found some books that I'm really interesting reading. These have been added to my wishlist.






8 comments:

  1. I adore Catherine McKenzie's work. I can't wait until HIDDEN is available here in the States.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my whole pregnancy was a reading slump. But then I read SO MUCH on maternity leave. If you plan on nursing, start making an ebook tbr. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't stress about it - you'll get your reading groove back in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hidden looks really good. Perhaps it might help with the reading slump. :) I've had a reading slump before, lately I'm on a reviewing slump - I'm reading, but not writing much.

    GOOD LUCK! Sounds like your most recent book might have kicked you back into reading again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of my pregnancies were huge reading slumps. I just couldn't focus on anything, especially books. Don't worry about it - your reading slump will pass!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you switched books when you saw you preferred another. It's the best way to get back into reading--to read what you really want to read!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reading slumps are always hard. I find I just have to find one good book and then I get out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read a great review today for The Smart One, and Entertainment Weekly wrote praises for The Engagements. I may have to add both to my TBR as well!

    ReplyDelete