Quote

Be omnivorous, don't just read one kind of book, read everything. - Richard Wagamese

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Recipe: Cinnamon Bread



This was a Pinterest find, and it's now a staple in my home. It's a great evening coffee cake, and so easy to make. It makes 2 loafs which is great. You always have the option to freeze one loaf.

Batter

1 Cup of Butter
2 Cups of Sugar
2 Eggs
2 Cups of Milk
4 Cups of Flour
2 tsp of Baking Soda

Cinnamon/Sugar mixture

2/3 Cups of Sugar
2 Tsp of Cinnamon

Cream together butter, sugar and eggs. Add milk, flour and baking soda. Grease two pans, and fill halfway with batter. In a separate bowl mix together Sugar and Cinnamon mixture. Put half the cinnamon/sugar mixture in each pan, and swirl with a knife. Add the rest of the batter, and add the rest of the Cinnamon/Sugar mixture and swirl with a knife again. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.


7 comments:

  1. I very recently started baking so I'm always looking for easy things to bake! This seems pretty easy and my husband loves cinnamon. I'll have to make it sometime. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yum! I think I'm going to try it tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually cut the recipe in half...wonder if that made a difference? I used a glass loaf pan.
      It took a lot longer to bake and made a mess...but once it cooled it was really good!

      Delete
    2. I haven't tried to cut the recipe. I use two large bread pans and it doesn't seem to rise that much. I also use all purpose flour...not sure if that changes anything. Every stove is different, at my mother in laws I had to bake longer too.

      Delete
  3. I wonder what I did wrong...it came out underbaked and ran over the loaf pan and made a big mess in my oven. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tried this bread and it was as awesome and soft as it looks. One of the best breads I have tried. You should definitely put up more bread recipes of different sort.

    Mariz
    Hail Damage Claims

    ReplyDelete