Quote

Be omnivorous, don't just read one kind of book, read everything. - Richard Wagamese

Sunday, February 11, 2018

Book Haul, Mailbox Monday, Stacking the Shelves




I have another book haul that I would like to share with you. I will also be linking to the Mailbox Monday and Stacking the Shelves weekly posts. This week is a round up of books purchased through Kobo*, Advanced Reading Copies and a library book. 

Books Purchased

American War by Omar El Akkad
Brother by David Chariandy
The Golden House by Salman Rushdie

Advanced Reading Copies

Alternate Side by Anne Quindlen
Red Clocks by Leni Zumas

Library Books

The Hate You Give by Angie Thomas

I'm picked up American War since it is on the shortlist for Canada Reads. I'm hoping to get through all the books on the list but I'm not sure I will. Brother was on the longlist and it was on sale through Kobo, I couldn't resist. I'm really hoping to get to Red Clocks soon because that book has been so buzzed about. I hope you have a great reading week!



14 comments:

  1. I'd really like to get my hands on Alternate Side. You're in for a treat with The Hate U Give.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read The Hate U Give too. I'll have to look out for your review. Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Hate U Give is on my Wish/TBR list too. American War really has my interest though. It is the sort of story like to read. Hope you enjoy your new books. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Golden House is waiting for me to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I received The Alternate Side as well. Definitely one I'm looking forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice mailbox.

    THE GOLDEN HOUSE looks good. Love the cover on BROTHER.

    I keep seeing RED CLOCKS - hope it is good.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have Alternate Side, and I'm eager to read it. I still want to read The Hate U Give.

    Enjoy your books...and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look like a good haul! I liked The Hate U Give. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They all look good, enjoy! I keep seeing The Hate You Give by Angie Thomas around.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list of books. I guess I am a first time visitor because I like that you broke it down, purchases, arcs and library books! I love using the local library at times too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many of these sound so great.

    I read The Hate U Give last year and, while it isn't the best written book in the world, it was still brilliant and so important. Absolutely worth the hype. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great mailbox! I loved The Hate U Give, I'm hoping for a reread but on Audio sometimes this year. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hadn't heard about Red Clocks. Going on my to-read list!

    ReplyDelete