Quote

Be omnivorous, don't just read one kind of book, read everything. - Richard Wagamese

Monday, February 5, 2018

Mailbox Monday (The Marrow Thieves, The Debutante, Son of a Trickster, 13 Reasons Why)


Welcome to Mailbox Monday/Stacking the Shelves. I'm happy to be sharing my new books. This Mailbox Monday was started by Marcia and hosted here. Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews. Last week, I had 7 new books enter my home, really it was my ereader... I read exclusively on my Kobo. This seems like a good mix of books, which is what I like.

The Marrow Thieves by Chertie Dimaline (Library) 
The Debutante by Kathleen Tessaro (Purchase)
Son of a Trickster by Eden Robinson (Library)
13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher (Library)
Dangerous Crossing by Rachel Rhys (ARC)
The Baby Plan by Kate Rorick (ARC) 
Anatomy of a Scandal by Sarah Vaughan (ARC)

The Marrow Thieves is from my library and I'm so excited to read it. It was shortlisted for Canada Reads 2018. It sounds like an interesting read, and I'm hoping to get to it in February. Dangerous Crossing is also on my tbr this month. It's a new release and doesn't that cover just draw you in? I'm really curious about that one. I was happy to receive Anatomy of a Scandal because I've been trying out more thrillers and finding that I really like the genre.


15 comments:

  1. I've only heard of Anatomy of a Scandal. Hope you love it and all of your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great mix of books! I haven't read any of these, although my teen kids have told me plenty about 13 Reasons Why. Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got a couple of the same books. I'd say you're in for some good reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both Dangerous Crossing and The Baby Plan are on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Anatomy of a Scandal and A Dangerous Crossing. I'm curious about The Baby Plan.

    Enjoy your week, and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your books! I'm currently listening to Anatomy of a Scandal, but i'm not sure if I love it or not yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice mailbox...lots of different genres.

    I LOVED Dangerous Crossing. I hope you do too.

    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are at least three books listed here that I must have! Actually let's just go with all - haha... Enjoy your new reads and let us know which one you end up choosing to start first!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your books, they look good. There was so much buzz around 13 Reasons Why. I tried watching the series but couldn't get past episode one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw Anatomy of a Scandal on another blog today too. Sounds great. 13 Reasons Why is one my girls liked and they watched the show. I hope you enjoy all your new books. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 'Anatomy Of A Scandal' and 'Dangerous Crossing' seem to have been doing the rounds of sites over the last couple of weeks and given the positive ratings and reviews, I was definitely right in adding them to my 'Want To Read' shelf.

    I can't remember the last time I borrowed books from the library, in fact I don't even have a library card for the county in which we live and we have been here for the last 30 years! How strange, when as a child it was my most favourite place in the world and much better than any other day trip my parents could have arranged!

    Thanks for sharing and Happy Reading :)

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a good collection of books. I have heard of two but not read any. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks like you had a great mail day. The Baby Plan is on my to-read list.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jennifer you got some really interesting books. I can't wait to hear what you think of Anatomy of a Scandal by Sarah Vaugha. Its on my wish list. Enjoy happy reading

    ReplyDelete