Quote

Be omnivorous, don't just read one kind of book, read everything. - Richard Wagamese

Friday, June 1, 2012

A Month in Review: May




May was pretty hectic and busy, my reading did slow down but I was determined to read as much as possible. Reading is my entertainment and my way of relaxing. I'm a week away from moving, and so excited to have things slow down. This week has been a particulary bad week, we had a major thunderstorm which flooded my parents basement. They are currently on vacation, and my husband and I took care of everything. My nephew was sick yesterday, and I broke my Kobo Vox. I dropped it, and now it has a very badly damaged screen. I have another Vox, so I was able to keep it together and not panic but honestly, it's been a tough week...

Hoping things start to look up from here.

This month I read:



Home by Toni Morrison (Review to come)



The Bellwether Revivals by Benjamin Wood (Review to come)


In our current apartment I only had room for one little bookshelf, now I have room for my three big shelves! I've been going through all my books and deciding which ones to keep. I have 7 boxes of book that will be donated to my church. I also need to convince my husband another set of shelves will fit. Here is what they look like so far:




11 comments:

  1. I'm sure things will look up after the move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo look at your pretty shelves! I finally just got some for myself, previously all my books were on the floor and that just wasn't working out. And I'm so sorry to hear about your week, hopefully you can relax a little this weekend and everything will go smoothly for your move next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry things have been so hectic, but new bookshelves are always a happy new addition to any home! Good luck with the move.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a busy and productive month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe it's been hectic but more bookshelves are always good thing :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the shelves. Sorry to hear you broke your reader. But maybe that will be a good excuse for you to go ahead and try out a Kindle or a Nook.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had a good month..and a forth book shelf will fit fine, I would bump them up against each other like a giant wall-unit and add a little bric-a-brac to balance it out...Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was stuck at work when that thunderstorm happened. Sorry to hear about your parents' basement flooding and breaking your Kobo Vox. Last year I dropped my laptop and lost all my data. But I'm excited for you that you now have room for your books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jennifer,

    I too think that you may be able to squeeze in another set of shelves, as the sides of your units appear straight and will fit 'fush' together, so you should be able to push them right together.

    I am not sure that I would bother with any bric-a-brac on the shelves though. If you fill them all with books, you'll have a great 'library' effect, very classy!

    It is a very long holiday weekend here in the UK, to mark the Queen's Diamond Jubilee, but unfortunately the weather isn't playing ball, and it has turned very cold, wet and windy, just in time for everyone's celebrations.

    I hope that the move goes okay and that you will be very happy in your new place.

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Having more room for bookshelves is a big deal. I'm glad you're able to fit more of your books in a nice new place!

    ReplyDelete