Quote

Be omnivorous, don't just read one kind of book, read everything. - Richard Wagamese

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Book Review: See My by Nicholas Sparks


Publisher: Grand Central
Released: 2015
Pages: 490
Source: Personal Copy
Rating: 4/5

Colin is determined to turn his life around, and get his anger under control. Poor life choices has left him on probation, and distant from his family. He’s decided that he doesn’t want to go to prison, and he really can’t make one more mistake. Maria is a hardworking, she’s a young lawyer, trying to make a name for herself and move up within her company. She’s very close with her family, and they’re very proud of her but they really want her to enjoy life and meet someone. When her car breaks down, and a beaten up Collin stops to help her out, she’s afraid. Her sister encourages her to give him a chance, but Maria isn’t sure what to do. As Collin and Maria grow closer together, it’s clear that someone is stalking her. She doesn’t know who it could be or how dangerous they really are.

It’s been awhile since I read a Nicholas Sparks book, and I decided to try this one. I read and loved A Walk to Remember and it will be forever be a high school memory of mine. I enjoyed See Me, it was a well written romance with a suspense element thrown in. It didn’t seem like a typical Nicholas Sparks book. The thriller aspect really took me by surprise, I went in not knowing much about it. I liked it but I found it very predictable, and I had it all figured out. This book is rather large and the ending seemed to drag, I thought it could do with a little more editing.

I liked the dynamic of Maria and Collin, they’re different backgrounds but their understanding of each other. Maria comes from a Hispanic background and family is very important to her. Knowing Collin’s background, she wants to believe he can change and will continue to do so but she does see some red flags. Collin doesn’t has a close family but he has close friends who will do anything for him, and I really enjoyed those relationships.


Overall, I thought this was a really good book. It held my attention, I was rooting for Maria and Collin, and the stalker started to get on my nerves because I wanted that storyline to end. If you’re a Nicholas Sparks fan, I would try this out and keep in mind that it’s not a typical book of his.

1 comment:

  1. Hm, I didn't realize this has a thriller aspect to it. I might have to look into this book.

    ReplyDelete