Quote

Be omnivorous, don't just read one kind of book, read everything. - Richard Wagamese

Monday, November 16, 2015

Three New Releases Added to my Wishlist

Goodreads Description:

Princess Winter is admired by the Lunar people for her grace and kindness, and despite the scars that mar her face, her beauty is said to be even more breathtaking than that of her stepmother, Queen Levana.

Winter despises her stepmother, and knows Levana won’t approve of her feelings for her childhood friend—the handsome palace guard, Jacin. But Winter isn’t as weak as Levana believes her to be and she’s been undermining her stepmother’s wishes for years. Together with the cyborg mechanic, Cinder, and her allies, Winter might even have the power to launch a revolution and win a war that’s been raging for far too long.

Can Cinder, Scarlet, Cress, and Winter defeat Levana and find their happily ever afters?

Goodreads Description:

How do you move on after losing the person you loved? How do you build a life worth living?

Louisa Clark is no longer just an ordinary girl living an ordinary life. After the transformative six months spent with Will Traynor, she is struggling without him. When an extraordinary accident forces Lou to return home to her family, she can’t help but feel she’s right back where she started.

Her body heals, but Lou herself knows that she needs to be kick-started back to life. Which is how she ends up in a church basement with the members of the Moving On support group, who share insights, laughter, frustrations, and terrible cookies. They will also lead her to the strong, capable Sam Fielding—the paramedic, whose business is life and death, and the one man who might be able to understand her. Then a figure from Will’s past appears and hijacks all her plans, propelling her into a very different future. . . .

For Lou Clark, life after Will Traynor means learning to fall in love again, with all the risks that brings. But here Jojo Moyes gives us two families, as real as our own, whose joys and sorrows will touch you deeply, and where both changes and surprises await.

After You is quintessential Jojo Moyes—a novel that will make you laugh, cry, and rejoice at being back in the world she creates. Here she does what few novelists can do—revisits beloved characters and takes them to places neither they nor we ever expected.
 

Goodreads Description:

Every story has two sides. Every relationship has two perspectives. And sometimes, it turns out, the key to a great marriage is not its truths but its secrets. At the core of this rich, expansive, layered novel, Lauren Groff presents the story of one such marriage over the course of twenty-four years.

At age twenty-two, Lotto and Mathilde are tall, glamorous, madly in love, and destined for greatness. A decade later, their marriage is still the envy of their friends, but with an electric thrill we understand that things are even more complicated and remarkable than they have seemed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm trying not to buy ALL the books, and wait until I'm ready to read them to buy them. I'm been following my reading goals for this month, and haven't added any new books to my ereader. I love the cover of Winter, and I can't wait to finish the series. It hasn't been my favorite series, but I do enjoy it and want to finish. After You is another one that I want to read sooner rather than later. I'm excited to see Louisa again. I've seen Fates and Furies every where and I really want to give it a try, it sounds like an interesting read. 

5 comments:

  1. There is a long list at the library for After You. I may have to wait for this one! I loved the first book in the Lunar Chronicles and hope to hear if Winter is great too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I JUST read Me Before You a few months ago and am looking forward to After You as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read Winter sometime, but I kind of dropped off after Scarlet. I probably need to go back and reread the others and play catch-up.

    I read After You, and have to say, I was a little disappointed. Of course, it is hard for a sequel to live up to a great first novel. My review is on the blog if you want to compare notes after you read it.

    I also added Fates and Furies to my reserve list. I heard a rep from Random House talking about how everyone picked it as a must read book, so I guess I ... must read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to After You and Fates and Furies too.

    ReplyDelete