Quote

Be omnivorous, don't just read one kind of book, read everything. - Richard Wagamese

Monday, November 23, 2015

Product Review: Tula Toddler Baby Carrier




Each Tula Toddler carrier:
  • can be used in both front and back carry
  • can be used from 25-50 pounds or 18 months to 4+ years old (beginning when the child is a minimum of 25 pounds and 32 inches tall)
  • provides an ergonomic M-position seat supporting optimal development for baby’s body
  • is hand made from 100% Öko-Tex Standard 100 certified cotton
  • includes a removable hood to support baby’s head while asleep, protect from sun or wind, and allow for comfortable breastfeeding
  • includes a front pocket for storing on-the-go necessities


Review:

Before I purchased the Tula Toddler, I had an Ergo. I loved it and used it alot. When it started to really pull on my shoulders and neck. I wasn't ready to give up on a carrier, because it's been great for us. I came upon the Tula Toddler and was excited to give it a try. If we are out shopping and Caleb is really tired, he will complain and whine in a shopping cart (doesn't even want to get in a shopping cart anymore...) or his stroller. If I wear him, he doesn't say a word and will usually fall asleep on me. I REALLY didn't want to give up on baby wearing, and as soon as I tried the Tula Toddler, I noticed a huge difference. The shoulders are more padded, and the material comes up higher on Caleb's back. This kept him closer to me, and less stress and weight on my shoulders. Caleb's currently 29 pounds, and I use the carrier every weekend. I feel his weight but there's no pain. If we go out and I know it's going to be a long day, I will take the carrier. Caleb is a much happier little man. When he's tired, he wants in my arms and the carrier gives him that comfort. 

I've never used a stroller on public transportation, I always use the carrier. It just feels so much better and it's not difficult. A busy bus/metro with a stroller is not my idea of fun. I also like that the Tula is similarly designed to the Ergo. I had no trouble putting it on, and getting Caleb in the carrier. I also have to front carry, because Caleb doesn't like back carrying. He has to play with my ears when he's tried and back carrying doesn't feel the same to him. I really hope he out grows the ear thing soon...because he's played with my ears since he could stretch his little hands up to reach. When he's tried, he comes to me to touch my ears.

The removable hood is great because he don't really use it, and the Ergo hood would constantly annoy me. The only thing I don't like about the Tula is where the pocket is. It's at the bottom, on the waste band. I preferred the pocked on the Ergo and found it bigger and easier to use. 

I live in Canada and we don't have a lot of options when it comes to carrier. I purchased this one through Snugglebugz, and was very happy with the service.

1 comment:

  1. I tried carrying my Caleb when he was a newborn but he hated it. He's so heavy so I know it'd really help me. Maybe I'll look into this one since it's for toddler sizes!

    ReplyDelete