Quote

Be omnivorous, don't just read one kind of book, read everything. - Richard Wagamese

Friday, March 3, 2017

February Wrap Up



The Break by Katherena Vermette
It Happens All The Time by Amy Hatvany
The Hating Game by Sally Thorne
Maybe In Another Life by Taylor Jenkins Reid


I had a good reading month in February. I was stuck on The Break for about a week, but I put it aside and waited to pick it back up. When I did, I devoted a good portion of my time and I felt like I was able to really enjoy it. I'm excited to see Candy Palmater debate this book during Canada Reads. It's hard to "enjoy" a book like The Break, but it is an important book and I'm really glad I read it.
3.5/5 Stars 

It Happens All The Time was another book that was hard to "enjoy" but it was a great read. The subject matter is so important and really draws you in. Amber and Tyler have been best friends since childhood. Tyler has loved Amber for a long time, and wished for more. One drunken night their friendship is ruined, when Amber asks Tyler to wait, and he doesn't. Amber doesn't know if it was her fault, but her raped her, and now she's terrified of him.
5/5 Stars

I saw The Hating Game over and over on booktube and blogs. I thought I should pick it up for a fast weekend read. It was so good. I've really been into contemporary romances lately, and this one was excellent. When I first started reading it, I thought it would be really cheesy...nope. I really enjoyed it.
5/5 Stars

Maybe In Another Life was another excellent read. I loved the parallel worlds that showed two possible ways a person's life can go, according to the choices they make. Go home with the man, or go home with your friends, each life decision has it's own consequences. One isn't necessarily worst than the other, just your life turns out different.
5/5 Stars

1 comment: