Quote

Be omnivorous, don't just read one kind of book, read everything. - Richard Wagamese

Saturday, June 18, 2011

In My Mailbox

Welcome to my new updated blog!

My blog has officially moved and my domain has changed to www.mrsqbookaddict.net. Ultimately, I didn't want to change my domain but it had to be done. I'm happy with the end result, and the options blogger has to offer. I should have done this from the beginning! I know it's a lot of work for right now, and i've lost all my subscribers but in the end it's a better option for myself and those visiting my blog.


This week, I recieved one book in the mail. Which is great considering Canada Post is on strike.

I recieved:


Birthday Pie by Arthur Wooten


I also did some ebook shopping!

The Karma Club by Jessica Brody
Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishihuro
Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay
Divergent by Veronica Roth I own the hardcover, but I love reading on my Sony Reader. Plus, my books stay new. :)








Marcia of The Printed Page for hosts Mailbox Monday. Mailbox Monday is now going on tour and this month (June) it will be hosted by Bluestocking Guide.
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week (checked out library books don’t count, eBooks & audio books do). Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.
We highlight what books we bought, received or picked up at the library.

26 comments:

  1. You had a great mailbox!!!

    Here is my Monday Update

    I put it in the news section of the podcast that your website changed. I inadvertantly created a link to the podcast rather than putting it on the same page. Live and learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so BAD! You can crack open the hard copy Divergent!

    I so can not believe that you got a book via Canada Post! I so knew your mailman was in your pocket :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Divergent is awesome, I can't wait for the next book to come out

    happy reading
    http://kristina-worldofbooks.blogspot.com/2011/06/in-my-mailbox-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm surprised that you'd buy an e-book when you already own the hardcover, but when I think about it, it makes sense that you'll be able to carry it around more easily, and as you said, keep it new. Nice mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great set! I loved Sarah's Key. I really want to read The Karma Club.
    New Twitter follower. Old GFC follower.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome haul! Don't be a stranger; stop by my blog and say hi!

    http://mybookdiaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Books! I really want to read Sarah's Key and I can not wait to read Divergent! I've heard nothing but awesome things about it.

    Thanks for visiting my mailbox! New follower :)

    Kristina
    http://ladybugstorytime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a nice and eclectic selection of books. Hope you enjoy them all! Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your books. Hope the strike ends soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never let me go was very good. Sarah's Key looks good as well. I do hope you enjoy all your reads.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really nice mailbox list. I'll be interested in your review of Birthday Pie - that's a new one to me. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the books you got this week! Can't wait to hear your thoughts! Thank you for sharing and for stopping by!

    New Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I love your arrivals. Enjoy Never Let Me Go, I devoured that one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looking forward to your thoughts on Sarah's Key. Make sure you have tissues handy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really want to read Sarah's Key. I enjoyed Divergent. Glad you switched to Blogger! I've had trouble navigating those iWeb sites. Here's my Mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know that Canada Post strike has to be really frustrating. We lived through a mail strike in France and it was awful! Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm really jealous right now (and shouldn't be ... I have tons of good books here to read still)- but I WANT Divergent, Sarah's Key, and Never Let Me Go.

    I know it was a pain to move your blog over, but I'm happy, because now I can comment without any problems! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I found Never Let Me Go at the AAUW Used Book Sale in our town on Saturday. Should you read it between now and January, 2012, you would be completing the Japanese Literature Challenge 5 which I host ever year. If you're interested in Japanese Literature, of course. Looks like you have great books in your pile!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fun mailbox!! Lots of good ones that are on my TBR list. Hope you enjoy them, each and every one!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great mailbox, Divergent sounds interesting.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/06/mailbox-monday-angelology-by-danielle.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sorry about the strike. I've got Divergent on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great mailbox! I loved Sarah's Key so I hope you like it too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The new blog looks great! I have Sarah's Key and hear it is fantastic. I hope we both enjoy it! Great mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I want to read Never Let Me Go (and eventually see the movie too). Hope you enjoy all your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The empty mailbox is so depressing! Let's hope this strike ends soon. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete