Quote

Be omnivorous, don't just read one kind of book, read everything. - Richard Wagamese

Friday, January 26, 2018

Canada Reads 2018 Longlist


The 2018 Longlist for Canada Reads has released and I'm excited to see the books selected. If you're not familiar with Canada Reads it's a battle of the books and takes place each year. The theme this year is "One Book to Open Your Eyes." I love the theme and think it will be a great discussion topic. Of the 15 books selected, I've read only one. Seven Fallen Feathers is an amazing read, and I highly recommend the book. I really hope it makes the shortlist. It's one of those books that I would love to be taught in school, because it's that GOOD!

I did have Brother and The Marrow Thieves on my wishlist before I even saw this list, and now I want to read them even more. The contenders and the shortlist will come soon enough. I look forward to Canada Reads each year.

The 2018 Canada Reads longlist is: 
The shortlist has been announced and here are the books!


2 comments:

  1. I'm embarrassed to say that I hadn't heard of any of these. The Marrow Thieves, The Measure of a Man, and Seven Fallen Feathers all look like books I'd enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seven Fallen Feathers and The Marrow Thieves have been on my TBR for quite a while now. Hope to get to them soon.

    ReplyDelete