Quote

Be omnivorous, don't just read one kind of book, read everything. - Richard Wagamese

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Guest Post: M J Rose author of The Book of Lost Fragrances.





Please join me in welcoming M J Rose author of The Book of Lost Frangrances. I'll be reviewing this one next week and I've heard great things about it.






M.J. Rose: I've been fascinated with lost fragrances since long before I started writing The Book of Lost Fragrances... since I found a bottle of perfume on my great grandmother's dresser that had belonged to her mother in Russia. Here is one of those lost fragrances that stirs the senses and the imagination... (researched and described with the help of the perfume writer Dimitrios Dimitriadis)

WEIL - CASSANDRA Cassandra was amongst a series of fragrances created to perfume furs released by Parfums Weil in 1936. A brief topnote of citrus ushers in a good measure of galbanum which cartwheels across a thick, arresting base of resinous benzoin, styrax, oakmoss and musk. There is a huff of sweetness present furnished by vanilla, and a resolute measure of ambergris which serves to intensify the composition. This perfume demonstrated opulence and refinement on a grand scale, and leaves many perfumistas yearning for its return.

7 comments:

  1. I am so excited that I will be reading this one soon, and can't wait to see what I think. Rose sounds like a fascinating woman, and her interest in the making of perfumes is right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really looking forward to this book. It sounds so good. Looking forward to the live chat, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never really thought about lost fragrances before, but this guest post makes me wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting concept though from the description I still can't quite tell what this is about. I'll look it up on goodreads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this one to read and I have to say this book sounds so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got this one from Netgalley, I'm very much looking forward to it. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I can get my bottle to open, I found a bottle yesterday at an Antique Mall near Seattle, Washington, then I too can enjoy this wonderful scent (judging from the notes listed above).

    ReplyDelete