Quote

Be omnivorous, don't just read one kind of book, read everything. - Richard Wagamese

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Monthly Wrap Up: October



Wow, I can't believe it's November already! Christmas is fast approaching, and soon 2013 will be here. October was a very busy month for me. My mom was in the hospital for 11 days, but she's recovering at home and doing well. I took some time off from work to spend time with her and help her transition at home. I did get a lot of reading done, not as much as I expected but considering the circumstances I think I did really well.  I read 8 books and I have completed my goal of reading 80 books in 2012. I'm hoping to read 100 books by the end of the year, but not stressing about it.

78. Sea Change by Karen White
79. The Casual Vacancy by J K Rowling
80. The Midwife of Hope River by Patricia Harman
81. The Aviator's Wife by Melanie Benjamin (2013 release)
82. A Love That Multiplies by Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar
83. Burn for Burn by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian
84. Sweet Tooth by Ian McEwan
85. Forgotten by Catherine McKenzie

My favorite for the month would be Forgotten by Catherine McKenzie. She's a Montreal author, and I've loved all three of her books. Once I picked up Forgotten, I ignored my husband for most of the evening. I couldn't wait to finish but felt really sad when it was over because I enjoyed it so much.





3 comments:

  1. Hope you Mom is doing well, and you did great with the reading. Good luck this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read only one Mackenzie book but I was not so taken up with that one. You've also read some nice books this month. The Casual Vacancy and The Aviator's Wife are two which caught my fancy!

    ReplyDelete