Quote

Be omnivorous, don't just read one kind of book, read everything. - Richard Wagamese

Sunday, November 4, 2012

In My Mailbox

Hi!

It's been a few weeks since I posted an updates to the books I've acquired. I've received some great books!

For review:

An Inconvenient Indian by Thomas King

The Pleasures of Winter by Evie Hunter (unsolicited)

Elegy of Eddie by Jacqueline Winspear

Try The Morgue by Eva Maria Staal

The Aviator's Wife by Melanie Benjamin

Napi's Dance by Alanda Greene

I also have a new Kobo Glo! So far I love it. For readers who want a long lasting battery and a screen that lights up in the dark, it's great. It's great outside in the daylight, inside in bright lights ans night time reading. I'll post a review in a few weeks. The Kindle Paperwhite and Nook Glow are not sold in Canada.

I've also been purchasing Ebooks:

A Love that Mutiplies by Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar

Blackberry Winter by Sarah Jio

Burn for Burn by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian

Ruby Red by Kerstin and Anthea Bell

Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn

Shelter Me by Juliette Fay

The Girl on the Cliff by Lucinda Riley

The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton

The Shoemaker's Wife by Adriana Trigiani

18 comments:

  1. Wow, your mailbox saw a lot of action. I'm a little jealous of the Kobo - for some reason, I want every new eReader that comes out yet I don't use the ones I have. The Aviator's Wife catches my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I am like Kathy, I think I need to own all types of eReaders! Great bunch of books. I just finished Blackberry Winter. Loved The Shoemaker's Wife. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so eager to read The Aviator's Wife. Enjoy your new books and your Kobo Glo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Wow, Wow.....Enjoy them all.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2012/11/mailbox-monday-1152012.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you love Blackberry Winter...and Sharp Objects. I enjoyed them both.

    The Secret Keeper and The Shoemaker's Wife are on my list! Soon!!

    Here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Girl on the Cliff looks good...and I keep wanting to stop and look at The Aviator's Wife, I love that cover. Enjoy all these new titles! Here is my Monday post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some great books, The Shoemaker's Daughter was very good, enjoy! them.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/11/mailbox-monday.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Big week for you! I found out too late about the Blackberry Winter ebook sale- darn! Hope you love it. The Kobo Glo sounds fantastic too, and the light up screen for night reading especially appeals to me. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got Blackberry Winter as well, and City of Women as well when they were on sale. Amazon sometimes has some really great titles, and you never know when they are going to pop up! Nice new editions to the collection today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many good books! I'm glad you're happy with your new reader. I bought the new Kindle Paperwhite and really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of great looking books coming up for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the terrific books and the new e-reader!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd love to read that Kate Morton book. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you got some awesome new additions! Glad to hear you're enjoying your Kobo Glo. I wish I'd waited long enough to get the Nook Simple Touch w/ Glowlight instead of the plain one I have. Oh well, at least I have a booklight.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful haul of mixed genres. Enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Girl on the Cliff and The Secret Keeper are both on my shelves, so I especially can't wait to see what you think of those. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete