Quote

Be omnivorous, don't just read one kind of book, read everything. - Richard Wagamese

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

2012 Favorites: You'll want to add these to your wish list.


These are some of my favorite reads of 2012. These books really stood out, and I have no problem recommending them to others.

The Bellwether Revivals by Benjamin Wood was an amazing read. Wood is an incredible writer.

Love Anthony by Lisa Genova will pull at your heart strings and you'll be wanting to ask everyone to read it.

The Tea Rose by Jennifer Donnelly was really well written, filled with twists and turns. I couldn't believe I waited so long to pick this one up.

Overseas by Beatriz Williams When I wrote my review, I stated this would be on my list..and it is! I loved this book. I'm not a huge romance reader, but I couldn't put this book down until I finished.

The Chaperone by Laura Moriarty lived up to all the hype. The plot was more intricate then I thought, and it really pulled me in.

11 comments:

  1. I'm always envious of people who get to start the Donnelly series for the first time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Bellwether Revivals on my shelf so I'll have to make time for it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I already have a couple of these on my TBR list. But I will check the rest of them out.

    Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to reading Love Anthony. I loved Genova's first two books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got Overseas and The Tea Rose on my tbr pile. I guess I'll have to make a point of getting to them in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Chaperone was my favorite book of the year. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've only read one of these books. My wish list is growing by leaps and bounds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great recommendations. I was so surprised by Overseas. Love, loved the "Rose" series.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know if it'll make my "best of 2012" list, but I did enjoy Overseas, and I'm so glad your review pushed me to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely LOVED the Tea Rose books. I think the second one might be my favorite of the series, so I'd highly advise you to keep reading them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have read Love Anthony which I liked but not loved (Still Alice is still my fav, but I do like this one better than Left Neglected). I haven't even heard of any of the others as I am so out of the loop! Love this 'best of' posts :)

    ReplyDelete