Quote

Be omnivorous, don't just read one kind of book, read everything. - Richard Wagamese

Sunday, December 16, 2012

In My Mailbox

Hi!

 

I want to mention that my thoughts and prayers are with the victims families in Newtown Connecticut. Friday, I was glued to my twitter and CNN. I was shocked, and disgusted. I felt shaken and so, so sad... What happened to those children, teachers and faculty is unimaginable. My heart is broken and grieving with that community.

 

On the book front, I haven't been buying many because Christmas is around the corner. I'm not going to have any more reviews in the next coming weeks. I'm going to save them for 2013. I'm hoping to start the year with a few weeks of scheduled posts. I will continue to share some recommendations.

Review Books:

An Uncommon Education by Elizabeth Percer

The Lives We Lost by Megan Crewe

A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash

 

Ebooks:

The Girl in the Gatehouse by Julie Klassen

Two Solitudes by Huge Mackennan (2013 Canada Reads)

 

Egalleys:

What A Mother Knows by Leslie Lehr

The Eloquence of Desire by Amanda Sington-Williams

The Death of Bees by Lisa O'Donnell

 

We bought and decorated our tree this weekend.

 

 

17 comments:

  1. You've got some great books! I enjoyed the two Julie Klassen books I've read but I have yet to read The Girl in the Gatehouse. Enjoy your reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed An Uncommon Education! Your tree is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tree! I like your idea of getting ahead for 2013 - I may need to try that myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your books, Jennifer ... your tree is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tree is beautiful! Lots of intriguing books this week. I like the idea of saving reviews for 2013. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy! your books and your beautiful tree.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/12/mailbox-monday_17.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty tree. I love the ribbons.

    I snagged The Girl in the Gatehouse too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tree looks beautiful! Have a good week and happy holidays to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My thoughts and prayers also go to the Sandy Hook families.

    Gorgeous tree! Enjoy your new books.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read a book by Julie Klassen this past year and really enjoyed it, I await your review of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful tree. Nice mailbox...ENJOY all your books.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was working from home on Friday, watching the news at the same time, and crying my eyes out. I think I hugged my daughter so tight she couldn't breathe. I am heartbroken too.

    Hope all your new books are good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great set of books. Your tree is beautiful. I think Connecticut is weighing on many of us. It just hits you in the heart.
    2 Kids and Tired Books MM

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice assortment of new books. And a lovely tree.

    ReplyDelete