Quote

Be omnivorous, don't just read one kind of book, read everything. - Richard Wagamese

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Books, and back to work



50 weeks of maternity leave and I'm back to work. It's been really hard to adjust and I'm still adjusting but I think being a working mom will be doable. I'm still very sleep deprived, Caleb doesn't sleep his night and I don't think he ever will... Some mornings he's up at 4:30 am. I'm just trying to enjoy all the time that I do have with him, and not think about all the hours he spends in daycare. I was fortunate to gradually transition him to daycare, and he's been doing great. 


Since I'm back to work, I'm commuting again which means I can read! I was in such a reading funk and couldn't get into anything for awhile. I picked up Kate Morton's House of Riverton. I love her books and this one has been on my tbr list for awhile. I'm hooked! The world is very similar to Downton Abbey, which I didn't expect but really held my attention from the beginning. I'm about half way through and hope to review it soon. 

I've also started looking into Booktubers. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. 

For those in the US, Happy Thanksgiving!


5 comments:

  1. Glad you're back! (Is that really your writing area??)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! No, I work in a stuffy cubicle but I love that picture.

      Delete
  2. I'm so impressed with the fact that you got 50 weeks of maternity leave!! You'll adjust just fine, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really is unlikely you are able to obtain explainer-video-production away throughout delicate surfaces including glass cornered tables. The item can be Using your Least difficult interest to search for furniture This offers excess storage for points like games or magazines The idea your customers will enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both my kids never slept the whole night. I was sleep deprived for years! I liked The House at Riverton too. Welcome back to book blogging.

    ReplyDelete