Quote

Be omnivorous, don't just read one kind of book, read everything. - Richard Wagamese

Friday, April 1, 2016

My #fridayreads and update



I started reading Bunheads and its been good so far. I needed something fun and easy to read so I picked this one up. I'm still reading Fates and Furies but I had to put it down for a bit. I wasn't in the mood for it. I'm hoping to get some reading done this weekend, but that doesn't always happen. I get alot of my reading done during my commute and work breaks/lunch hour.

This week was a good week, it went by fast. I had Monday off, and the rest of the week flew by. Caleb actually slept the night once this week, but last night he was up 3 times and awake before 5 am. He's two, and his sleeping is still so unpredictable. I can't figure him out. We still cosleep.

I'm having a problem with daycare drop offs. Caleb seems to not like the educator and cries every time it's her. She was off for a few weeks and he had a new teacher that he fell in love with. Now when he sees his regular breakfast club teacher, he cries. I try to ask him why he cries and let him know that Isabelle is nice to him. He says "No, I want Catherine." It's so hard because Isabelle will comment about how hard his mornings are, but it's only with her. If he has a different teacher, he doesn't cry. If he has Catherine, he gives me a kiss and runs into the room. I know Isabelle is good with him, he's had her since he was in the baby room. It's only a problem now. I'm hoping this will fix itself. Caleb is so headstrong about what he wants...

I really want to work on more book reviews. It's hard to push myself to get them written but I really want to get back into reviewing books. I finished Medicine Walk by Richard Wagamese and it was so good! I think I'll review that one first.

Happy reading everyone!


3 comments:

  1. I hope everything works out with Caleb and this daycare. Its not fun or easy when our children don't like a teacher or person. We had the same problem when Michael started kindergarden. He didn't like the teacher so it was hard to get him to go but in the end things worked out finally :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the sleep issues must be frustrating. They'll all work out, though, and when he's a teen he'll want to sleep all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also need to work harder at reviewing books regularly!
    Good luck with the daycare and sleeping issues. I wonder if it isn't so much that he dislikes Isabelle as it is that she is the 'regular' and he found Catherine new and a change. Hopefully it will just take a little time.

    ReplyDelete