Quote

Be omnivorous, don't just read one kind of book, read everything. - Richard Wagamese

Friday, July 8, 2011

Winter Passage by Julie Kagawa

Title: Winter Passage
Author: Julie Kagawa
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Novella
Series
Source: Netgalley
Category: Young Adult


Mini-Review:
The “Winter Passage” is a brief novella that takes place between “The Iron King” and “The Iron Daughter.” Prince Ash of the Winter Court has come to collect on the deal he made with half-fae daughter of the Summer King. Meghan has agreed that she will come willingly, and cooperatively to the Winter Court. Prince Ash has agreed to place her into the hands of his mother Queen Mab. Meghan has one stipulation, she wants to see her best friend Puck before she continues on the journey. Puck has been seriously injured trying to protect Meghan, he’s now in a coma and no one knows when  or if he’ll wake up. Prince Ash agrees to take Meghan to see Puck, and he wonders what Queen Mab’s intentions with Meghan are. Queen Mab is unpredictable and merciless, Prince Ash is worried about Meghan’s future. Along the way the faery world interferes and obstacles need to be overcome. 
This was a very fast read, I have “The Iron Daughter” waiting to be read. I really enjoyed “The Iron King” and hope to continue the series soon. I read this one to ease me into the next one. I’m really interesting in the forbidden relationship between Meghan and Ash. I wonder what is in their future. Puck is still on the sidelines and I wonder what will happen to him. There are many relationships that need to be explored in the series. Meghan and Ash, Meghan and Puck, Meghan and her father. Will her mother be able to come back into the picture? I’m interested, and I will continue the series soon!

6 comments:

  1. I read The Iron King and thought it was pretty good, so I should probably give this one a go as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have this one tucked away on my PC... have to really read this series soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome review! New follower :)

    Books Ahoy
    www.books-ahoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this series SO much! I still haven't read Winter Passage, or Summer's Crossing. I really need to get to them soon! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was an interesting, quick, read. I remember recommending that no one read it unless they had read the first book in the series because it has so many spoilers for the first book!

    ReplyDelete