Quote

Be omnivorous, don't just read one kind of book, read everything. - Richard Wagamese

Thursday, May 3, 2012

A Month in Review




April was a great reading month for me, and I really enjoyed the books I read. I've been taking a break from YA and I think I'm ready to jump back in and enjoy a few. I'm currently reading Insurgen by Veronica Roth. I was on a ebook ban for about an hour, and then I noticed Harper Collins is having a great ebook sale! I love ebook sales, because I don't feel bad about buying ebooks of books I already own. If I have the ebook, I can lend out my hard copy or pass it along. I hope everyone had a great April. I'm ready for the sun and skirts. It's still cold in Montreal, but I have hope that it will warm up soon.


These books kept me entertained in April


The Hunger Games By Suzanne Collins (Reread) Movie Thoughts
An Atlas of Impossible Longing by Anuradha Roy (review to come)

My Favorite of the month would have to be...



The Ruins of Us

It's so hard to choose a favorite, but Parssinen had the ability to make me like a character that I never would have thought possible.

My goal was to maintain my reading speed and read 80 books this year. I'm already on my 44th book! I know the next few weeks will be busy for me, so it might slow down but I'm very happy.


Happy reading!

9 comments:

  1. I must admit, I liked your YA break. But I totally understand. Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy YA books but contemporary, literary, cultural reads are my favorite.

      Delete
  2. You read some great books in April, I really liked Wife 22!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your choice for best of the month! It seems like you had a great reading month over there, and I hope that May is just as wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a busy month Jennifer! Well done you:) And I love that April graphic, so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you got a lot of great reading done in April. I love the cover of The Ruins of Us, I can't wait to read that one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very productive...you got some good reading done. Hope the YA books you read next are entertaining and satisfying!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, CONGRATULATIONS! It's so awesome how you're more than halfway to your goal and we're not even halfway through the year yet! I didn't make one for myself but now I really wish I had... That way I could have something else to look forward to when reading and finishing my books! :)

    I'm glad we're into May now -- I don't know why, but I'm hoping that it will be so much better than April! ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man, I wish I would have caught up on commenting earlier, because I think I missed the e-book sale and now it's too late! Looks like you got some great books though! As for me, I made a goal of 100 books (LOL) and I think I've read 26, haha. I need to catch up!

    ReplyDelete