Quote

Be omnivorous, don't just read one kind of book, read everything. - Richard Wagamese

Monday, May 9, 2016

Product Review: Salton Pressure Cooker 5-1 Multicooker Pot


I purchased a Salton Pressure Cooker and I've been using for about a week. Initially, I wanted an Instant Pot but it was a little more expensive and Salton offers a 5 year warranty. I also thought about the Pressure Cooker XL but a 60 warranty and mixed reviews made me take that one off the list. I'm a working mom with a toddler, I want healthy, fast meals. I thought an electric pressure cooker would be an asset to my kitchen. It would give me another option, because I slow cook alot.

The first time I used the Pressure cooker my chicken was still frozen and I tried a new seasoning. First, the seasoning wasn't tasty, and the frozen meat made too much liquid and I set the machine for too long. It turned out awful, and I was a little scared to use it again.

The second time I used it, I made pasta. I thought it's 6 mins, if it doesn't work out. I can have a backup plan and dinner won't be ruined. It turned out really great. The key is the proper amount of liquid and proper cook time. I'm a person who likes to add a few extra minutes to "make sure" my meat is cooked but I can't do this with the pressure cooker because it's so fast. I really need to get use to the machine and check the charts.

The third time I used it, I diced up my chicken and put it in a sauce. The chicken wasn't frozen and I cooked it for 11 minutes. It really should have been 10 because it was just starting to burn. The chicken was tender and really amazing. The sauced really went into the chicken and was tasty.

I think I'm going to love the pressure cooker, I just need to get use to it and stop thinking that I need the maximum amount of time. It takes a few minutes to come up to pressure, and then starts to count down. Releasing the pressure is not so scary, I throw a towel on top of the valve. This way it doesn't spray my cupboards. Once pressure has come down, the lid will unlock and you can open it. The buttons are really easy to understand and I can slow cook in this pot.

Salton Website

Description:

The pressure cooker that does it all! This functional pressure cooker can: warm, brown, steam, slow cook and pressure cook. With its 5 litre capacity, it will save you up to 70% cooking time on a wide variety of meals. Even tenderizes lean beef while preserving flavours and nutrients. The heavy gauge cooking pot distributes heat uniformly and has a non-stick coating for easy clean-ups. Also comes with a ‘Stir & Serve’ spatula and measuring cup. Spend less time in the kitchen and let the Multi-Pot work its magic.


No comments:

Post a Comment