Quote

Be omnivorous, don't just read one kind of book, read everything. - Richard Wagamese

Thursday, September 6, 2012

A Month in Review: August



Looking back, August wasn't a really good reading month. I only read 7 books. The few weeks before my vacation, I just couldn't wrap my head around reading, nothing was holding my attention. A few of these books were amazing, and I'm really happy I read them.


66. Maisie Dobbs by Jacqueline Winspear
67. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
68. Love Anthony by Lisa Genova
69. The Rules of Civility by Amor Towles
70. The Light Between Oceans by M L Stedman
71. These Girls by Sarah Pekkanen
72. Midnight on Julia Street by Ciji Ware


My two favorite books for the month would be Gone Girl and Love Anthony.

Gone Girl (Review) was such a great thriller. I don't normally read these types of books but I couldn't ignore the buzz.

Love Anthony (Review) was an emotional rollercoaster. I loved every single page.

My biggest disappointment would be The Rules of Civility. My review will be coming up next week, for this one .




I'm currently reading The Tea Rose by Jennifer Donnelly and I'm fascinated by the story line. I kept putting it off because it's a chunkster, but now I regret it. It's amazing!

6 comments:

  1. I want to read your favorites before the end of the year. Glad to know you loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am curious about the Tea Rose, I love Jennifer Donnelly. You didn't do bad for the lazy days of summer with reading. Ya had to mention gone Girl..that book has been calling me from my nook ever since I read your review and I had to slap my finger and choose an ARC instead..dang!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennifer
    I'm so curious to know what you think about Reese Witherspoon playing Amy in the film version of Gone Girl. And if you have any thoughts on who a good Nick would be?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait for your review. The cover is simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the Rose series! I am looking forward to Love Anthony and Gone Girl! Have a great September.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I own several of those, including Rules of Civility, so I'll be very curious to see what you have to say about it. I just finished Light Between Oceans a couple of days ago and thought it was good.

    ReplyDelete