Quote

Be omnivorous, don't just read one kind of book, read everything. - Richard Wagamese

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Review: Cress by Marissa Meyer




Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Pages: 560
Source: Personal Copy
Released: 2014
Rating: 5/5

Cress is the third book in the Lunar chronicles and it was my favorite book so far. The character, Cress is a genius hacker, imprisoned on a satellite since childhood. She’s spent a lot of time researching Cinder and hoping she can help. She’s been imprisoned by Queen Levana but desperately wants to help Cinder even though her job is to track down and help Levana. Cinder, Captain Thorne, Scarlet and Wolf are fugitives on the run. They need to stop the wedding between Emperor Kai and Queen Levana. The Prince believes this will bring peace, but everyone knows it will only give Levana more power and she won’t think twice to get rid of her new husband. When Cinder tries to rescue Cress, it does not go well.


I don’t want to give away too many details. I really enjoyed this one because the world building and character development is really coming together. We see their strengths and weaknesses, their concerns and frustrations.  The story is complex, and I can’t wait to see where the next book takes us. It’s hard to review a third book in the series, but I really wanted to write a quick review.  I didn’t realize I waited so long to read this one. I was going to read Fairest and then realized this one was still unread. All in all I’m loving this series. The pace has been fantastic. 



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review. I've been wanting to start this series for a while. I just need to get around to picking up the books.

    ReplyDelete