Quote

Be omnivorous, don't just read one kind of book, read everything. - Richard Wagamese

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Review: Kobo Aura One Vs H2o Reader


Comparing the Kobo Aura H20 to the new Aura One, the first thing you notice is the size. The Aura one is taller and slimmer. I really like the size of the Aura One. Instead of reading on a paperback sized reader, you'll be reading on a hardback sized reader. I think it offers a great reading experience.

The overall system feel is very similar to the H20. I think don't there's much of a difference. I really like Kobo's interface. Both readers are waterproof which is a huge benefit. I can read outside and no worry about rain drops, I can read in the bath. If I go to the beach, bring the reader along. The Aura One doesn't have the port plugged like the Kobo H20.

The Aura One also allows readers to use Overdrive, which I'm very excited for. I'm hoping the H20 will get this same upgrade. I borrow alot of books from the library, and this would be great to have across the readers.

While I was commuting to work, I found the size to be very comfortable with the Aura One. However, when the metro was REALLY crowded I was alittle afraid to hold the reader with one hand. It's very slim, and I was afraid to drop it. I do find the H20 more easier to hold with one hand.

Overall, I was really happy with the Aura one. I received a demo to use for a few weeks. I own the H20 and would love to own the Aura One but it will have to wait until I'm ready to upgrade. If you're use to Kobo the new reader won't be a big change, but it does have some cooler new options such as the comfort light. The biggest advantage the new reader has is the bigger size. 

If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Thanks for sharing the review and good to know about the comparison between KOBO AURA ONE and H2O READER to have a better choice.
    Emma Charlotte | TheAcademicPapers.co.uk

    ReplyDelete