Quote

Be omnivorous, don't just read one kind of book, read everything. - Richard Wagamese

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Reader Tag





Choose 1 word that describes you as a reader? 

Loyal

What's the first book you fell in love with? 

Matilda by Ronald Dahl I loved that Matilda was a reader, and her family weren't readers. As a teenager, I think the first book I fell in love with was A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks. I had a few friends also reading, and loving the book and it felt great to all enjoy the book and talk about it.

Hardcover or Paperback?

Actually, I'm an exclusive ereader. I have a Kobo Aura One, which I love. I do prefer hardcover over paperback, but I love the functionality and the compact library that an ereader allows me to have.


What book do you read when you need to be comforted?

Harry Potter. When I really don't feel like reading anything or i'm trying to get out of a slump, I turn to Harry Potter.

Who taught you to be a reader?

I'm the only reader in my family. My parents always gave me the opportunities to feed my desire for books. They would allow me to order from Scholastic books, and took the time to allow me to pick out books at the library. For as long as I can remember, I was a reader. When I started to read, teachers would allow me to take home the reading books because I wanted to read ahead. Who taught me to be a reader? It was the combination of my teachers and my parents.

Describe your reading lounge?

My living room. It's cozy, and my husband and I relax once Caleb goes to bed. My husband isn't a reader but I read while he watches hockey. I also have to have a cozy, fuzzy blanket when I'm reading.

What book changed the way you act?

I can't pick just one. Books continue to provide information that make me think and question me as a person. I'm always looking to improve myself and be open minded. Books allow me to experience things I would never have the opportunity to do in real life.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't really gotten into e-books but I'd like to. It'd be so handy to carry so many books with you all the time.

    ReplyDelete