Quote

Be omnivorous, don't just read one kind of book, read everything. - Richard Wagamese

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Cinder



Goodreads Description:

Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl. . . . 

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.






The cover really caught my attention, and I'm really curious about this one. 


Release Date: January 2012

16 comments:

  1. That looks like an interesting book! I bet my sister would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh I can't wait for Cinder. I've been hearing good things about it and I agree, the cover was the one that caught my attention. Great pick!!

    My WoW

    Guen @ Ezine of a Random Girl
    If you don't mind checking out, there's a contest to win a signed copy of Nightshade by Maryrose Wood

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick I've been seeing this one a lot lately!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for this one!! It sounds really interesting; great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cover too, and I kind of like the plot, but I need to be forced to read this book. For some reason it doesnt have me obsessed like other books. maybe because I'm thinking of cinderella and I dont know how this'll match up. Im not sure but whatever it is makes me not want to read this book. I guess i'll jus6t wait til the rave reviews become a buzz im my ear and force me to go buy it.

    Check out mine here

    ReplyDelete
  6. The description of the book looks interesting! A Science fiction love story with a woman cyborg as the leading character set in Beijing - wow! Hope you enjoy reading it. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd normally stay away from a book with a cover like that but I love fairytale re-tellings and so have this one on my wishlist too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seeing this around lately, sounds interesting.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday_09.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm hoping this one turns out to be as good as it sounds!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! That cover enticed me too! I want to read this one when I can!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am definitely curious about this one too; it sounds very unique. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhhh I'm really looking forward to this one too!! It sounds awesome :) Great pick!!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete