Quote

Be omnivorous, don't just read one kind of book, read everything. - Richard Wagamese

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Summer Reading and Currently Reading

Hi Everyone!

I've been in a huge reading rut, and I think I'm slowly crawling out of it. It seemed like every book I picked up, I couldn't really get into it or I like it but it couldn't hold my attention. I did read a few books, that I finished and enjoyed.

3/5 stars.


This book was really well written but VERY dark. I struggled to rate it. Told from the perspective of an inmate who longs for death. He doesn't want to appeal his sentence, he doesn't want to delay. Other inmates want to escape death more than anything. This book will really leave you thinking.


4/5 Stars


This is the first in a new series, and I really did enjoy it. I'm not sure I will continue with the series though. It held my attention but I wasn't sold on the story line.

5/5 Stars


I really enjoyed this one, and I can't wait to get the next book. Lara Jean is a great, flawed character. She's learning about who she is, and her role in the family since her sister has gone to school abroad. When a secret box of letters is sent out, she is terrified. Lara Jeans voice did seem younger than 16 but I was able to look past that. I can see why there are mixed reviews of this one.

I'm currently reading:


If you have any book recommendations of books that you recently loved, please let me know. I need to get back into the swing of things, my summer reading was horrible!

1 comment:

  1. I saw Jenny Han at an event in New York years ago and really do need to try one of her books.

    ReplyDelete