Quote

Be omnivorous, don't just read one kind of book, read everything. - Richard Wagamese

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

If We Were Having Tea (Life Update)


If We Were Having Tea, I would tell you that I'm getting ready for my "No Spend" month. I'm really determined and looking forward to saving money and probably putting it into my Christmas Fund. Yes, I started saving for Christmas. Dave Ramsey is awesome! I'm still listening to his show in the afternoons, he keeps me motivated.

If We Were Having Tea, I would tell you that Caleb is growing and learning every day. My favorite thing he said this week was "I'm frustrated, and my back hurts." As he stomped off to his room, and was "frustrated" while Skyping his grandfather. He's changing classroom's this week, and I'm hoping it goes well. Caleb get's really attached to teachers and people, so I'm thinking this will be hard for him. His cousin is following behind probably tomorrow, and I think he will be better once they are together again.


If We Were Having Tea, I would tell you that I'm reading "Money Talks" by Gail Vaz-Oxlade. I'm liking it, but I'm not loving it like I enjoyed Dave Ramsey's "Total Money Makeover."

If We Were Having Tea, I would tell you that I'm testing out to new Kobo Aura one. I'll have a review up in a few days. So far, I'm enjoying it and I like the bigger screen.

If We Were Having Tea, I would tell you that I bought some new David's Tea fall teas, and I'm so happy that fall is around the corner. I'm ready for sweaters, and tea, and cozy blankets in the evening. Fall is my favorite season, winter....not so much.


3 comments:

  1. I'm a huge Dave Ramsey nerd. My husband isn't quite as on board as I am so I don't get to follow the plan fully, but I try. I'd love to hear more about your no spend month and how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband isn't totally on board either but I'm the "spender" and I think it will take some time for him to realize we're on the same path.

      Delete
  2. Summer is my favorite season and I'm sad that the days are getting shorter.

    ReplyDelete