Quote

Be omnivorous, don't just read one kind of book, read everything. - Richard Wagamese

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Review: Kobo Aura H20






I’m had my Kobo H20 for about 6 months, and I love reading on it. I choose an ereader over a tablet because I feel like it’s easier on my eyes and I love the battery life. I can also read outside, glare free while I’m commuting to work. If you’re familiar with the Kobo Aura, the H20 is very similar. The H20 has a bigger screen, it's 6.8" and it’s waterproof. I can read in the bath, I can read while Caleb is in the bath and I don’t have to worry about him splashing the screen.  The screen can be submerged in five meters of water, for up to fifty minutes. If you’re a pool/beach person this would be great.  The screen has a light which makes reading in the dark easy. It has five lights on the bottom of the bezel that distributes the light evenly and I really enjoy reading on it. I tend to keep the light on during the day to give the screen a black on white feel. Another reason why I prefer an ereader over a tablet is that it’s dedicated to reading. On my tablet, I find it very easy to get distracted and I don’t get as much reading done.


Kobo does a great job giving readers options such as font, sizing, and file types. I like that I can update the line spacing and margins. The built in dictionary is also something that I enjoy. Side loading ebooks has been easy, and overall I love the reader. I haven't had any problems with it freezing or page turns being slow. I’ve owned many ereaders, many of them were Kobo's and this one has been my favorite. I don’t see myself upgrading it any time soon. If you’re in the market for a new reader, I highly recommend the H20. It’s an overall great reader that you can use anytime. Bath time, with an ereader is great. No more ziplock bag!

1 comment: